DEGREE IN CATALAN STUDIES
General Competences (CG)
- CG1: Capacity to master the key theories, perspectives and conceptualisations for constructing the theoretical framework of linguistic and literary disciplines applied to Catalan language and literature as an expert on the subject and in different professional profiles.
- CG2: Capacity to understand the role of language in the construction of human beings as active members of a linguistic and cultural community and relate this to the function of individuals in society.
- CG3: Capacity to develop reading, analysis and synthesis techniques.
- CG4: Capacity to manage and use the resources provided by the information and communications technologies and apply those to the language and literature industries.
- CG7: Social commitment to the equality of men and women, the plurality and diversity of the realities of modern society, to peace and democracy.
General Competences acquired at University of Alicante (CGUA)
- CGUA2: Ability to use basic ICT tools at user level.
- CGUA3: Ability to communicate effectively and have linguistic understanding of one of the two official languages of the Region of Valencia (Spanish or Catalan) in their discipline.
Specific Competences (CE)
- CE1: Capacity to communicate in the Catalan language in communicative situations (oral and written), allowing fluid communication in the professional and academic areas in which the student will be working in the future, taking into account his/her knowledge of the historical, social, cultural and artistic reality of his/her context.
- CE3: Capacity to understand the pragmatic, textual and discursive characteristics of the Catalan language to use, transmit and apply knowledge to the analysis, comprehension and production of Catalan in oral and written forms.
- CE5: Capacity to understand the history of the Catalan language through texts and the social, cultural and political changes to understand historical, social and cultural processes over time.
- CE6: Ability to use the standard model (and the different sub-standards) of the Catalan language, as well as understanding and knowing how to apply lexical creation and innovation mechanisms to adapt oneself to the communication needs of the modern world.
- CE7: Capacity to understand the historical trends of literature in the Catalan language and its context, to define the evolution of literary thinking in the Catalan language and its social impact.
- CE8: Capacity to understand the different epochs, movements, models and values described in Catalan literature, as well as the traditions in which they are set, the specific textual resources used, paying special attention to the comparative study of common and different elements, within the same or between different literary contexts.
- CE9: Capacity to identify the currents of literary criticism, their categories, concepts and nomenclature as a key factor in the development of the capacity to criticise and analyse text (literary, cinematographic, advertising), as regards the creative manifestation and reflection of the sociocultural context.
- CE10: Capacity to use the pertinent resources and materials for self-learning (bibliographies, dictionaries, reference works, terminological works, tutorials, new technologies) and transmit the information in the Catalan language.
- CE11: Be able to develop reading, analysis and synthesis techniques, formulate working hypotheses, demonstrate them with arguments and reach conclusions, as well as recognise and ensure the textual coherence (structure of the text, organisation of ideas, progression of information, use of keywords), to explain and argue any subject related to Catalan language and literature, thus achieving the role of expert, transmitter and adviser regarding the knowledge acquired.
- CE12: Capacity to understand, value and take advantage of multilingualism with an attitude favouring the standardisation of Catalan, to participate in cultural and linguistic diversity, as well as promoting it to ensure the better social development of the language.