DEGREE IN ARABIC & ISLAMIC STUDIES
General Competences (CG)
- CG1: Ability to gather and manage information that allows life-long learning.
- CG2: Capacity to put the knowledge acquired into practice.
- CG3: Capacity to plan and manage time.
- CG4: Capacity to learn and work both autonomously and in a team.
- CG5: Capacity for self criticism that encourages concern for quality and continuous improvement.
- CG6: Interpret, analyse, synthesise and evaluate information scientifically and critically.
- CG7: Make decisions, solve problems and adapt to new situations.
- CG8: Generate new ideas, design and manage projects with initiative and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- CG9: Transmit knowledge of one's disciplines, prepare and defend arguments and present problems and solutions to specialist and non-specialist audiences.
- CG10: Relate Arabic Studies with Philology and other disciplines, as well as work in interdisciplinary teams in national and international contexts.
- CG11: Appreciate diversity, plurilingualism and multiculturalism in modern society.
- CG12: Respect fundamental rights and promote democratic values, equality of men and women, equal opportunities and universal accessibility for the disabled and the values of peaceful culture.
Specific Competences (CE)
- CE1: Understand the key theories of the disciplines associated with Arab and Islamic Studies and apply them in practice to be able to operate appropriately in the different professional profiles accessible through the degree qualification or undertake further studies with a high level of autonomy.
- CE5: Capacity to interpret, produce and develop academic descriptions and arguments and/or technical reports related to the professional contexts that can be accessed with the degree qualification.
- CE9: Analyse and interpret historical, geographical, religious and scientific texts and discourses in Arabic, using appropriate techniques for analysis.
- CE10: Understand the original space of Islam, its expansion and the basic points of reference regarding religion and historical and social evolution in Islamic and its host societies, to understand and interpret the different cultural, literary, artistic and philosophical materials produced by Islamic culture.
- CE11: Interpret the social and political history of the Arab world to understand and interpret the role of social and political phenomena in the construction of classical and contemporary thinking.
- CGUA2: Be able to use basic ICT tools at user level.
- CGUA3: Be able to express oneself correctly in one of the two official languages of the Region of Valencia in one's discipline.
|Subject objectives/competences 2011-12
|With no data|