1. Molecular Magnetic Materials: Design, synthesis, characterization and applications of i) molecular nanomagnets; ii) magnetic nanoparticles obtained by a molecular approach; iii) switchable magnetic molecules iv) multifunctional molecular magnetic multilayers and magnetic materials.
2. Materials with optical properties: Liquid crystals, materials for nonlinear optics, optical limiters, etc. .; supramolecular types of organizations and applications.
3. Materials with electrical properties: molecular conductors and superconductors: electronic structures, organization on surfaces and interfaces, properties and applications (chemical sensors, field effect transistors (FETs), etc.).
4. Conducting polymers: Properties and applications.
5. Carbon nanoforms: Structures, properties, methods of production and organization and applications.
6. 2D crystals.
7. Applications of nanomaterials in biomedicine (contrast agents, drug delivery systems teragnósticos)