1. Basic concepts in supramolecular chemistry: non-covalent interactions nature; ion, molecule and biomolecule recognition; molecular self-assembly and self-association: biological examples; kinetics and thermodynamics aspects;
2. Binding constants. Concept. Measurement of binding constant: techniques. Stoichiometry, job plot.
3. Interactions with Alkali Metals and Transition Metals
4. Molecular topology: catenanes, rotaxanes and knots.
5. Nanoparticle synthesis. Tensoactives: monolayers, micelles, vesicles and capsules.
6. Molecular devices: molecular diads and switches, logical doors, sensors. Signal amplification and antenna effect.